When I’m thinking about a dish I would like to prepare, there are few criteria which come to my mind. Sometimes I focus on the aesthetics, sometimes I think about the taste other times I just feel that my body wants something, that it lacks a particular vitamin or so and then I try to find this type of food which will provide me with it. I just try to eat consciously.
This is how I came up with this very simple and easy salad. What you’ll find in it:
- romaine lettuce, because green food is usually rich in iron,
- carrot, because of carotene, that is vitamin A which is very important if you want to take good care of your skin,
- red pepper, because it’s so red :),
- black olives, because I love their taste,
- pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil, which is rich in healthy fats and vitamin E,
- and balsamic vinegar for its characteristic taste.
It’s so simple, isn’t it?
- romaine lettuce
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 15 black olives
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt, pepper
First chop the lettuce and slice the carrot (to get very thin slices I simply used a peeler). Slice red pepper and mix all vegetables together. Roast pumpkin seeds on a hot pan for about 2-3 minutes. Mix together chopped garlic, pumpkin seed oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Next mix dressing with vegetables, put salad on plates and garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and black olives.
I should only add om nom nom :).